Where Houston's great minds intersect.
Intersections 2016 is a cross-disciplinary conference of quality of life, health, equity, development and environmental issues facing the growing Houston area. The goal is to foster synergistic thinking and collaboration by bringing different people together, and to demystify the mechanisms for creating sustainable change.
Through three days - with over 60 speakers, workshops, tours and interactive labs - you'll come to better understand:
- The complexity of our region's challenges
- The significance of your work in relation to others
- The tools you have at your disposal to make solutions a reality
The conference will focus on how local and global leaders are looking to nature and walkable urbanism to address pressing issues in the areas of health, culture, resilience, prosperity and social justice. A few examples include:
- The transformative power of nature and play in obesity and mental health, especially in children
- Environmental restoration and resilience in the age of flooding
- Neighborhood revitalization and equitable, transit-oriented growth without displacement
The audience will include architects, engineers, environmental experts, planners, real estate developers, educators, governments officials, health professionals, tech professionals and more.
This year, 50% of proceeds will be dedicated to the Texas Children in Nature - Houston collaborative and the vision of nature every day for every child. Join us in envisioning a greener, healthier, and better connected city and region.